NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics Data Policy
I. What kinds of information do we collect?
Things you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications, and other information you provide when you use NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics, including information gathered from third parties or other sources deemed necessary by Gray Analytics or your university. This can include information in or about the content you provide.
- Networks and connections. NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics collects information about people, contracts, NIL activities, universities, policies, statutes, and other information necessary to provide a full aperture of a particular NIL activity or opportunity to a university. We may collect contact information, electron mail addresses, home addresses, and other necessary personal information of both the user and third parties relevant to a particular NIL activity or opportunity. By choosing to provide answers to the NIL Monitoring system, or any additional information requested of you, such information will be utilized by Gray Analytics as it deems necessary to perform its NIL Monitoring Service.
- Your usage. We collect information about you, your university, and your NIL activity or opportunity. We also collect information from third parties necessary to complete the NIL Monitoring functions. Such information can be used for the gathering of statistics, trends, data, information, facts, or other relevant information to the NIL Monitoring Service or Gray Analytics. No personally identifiable information will be utilized by Gray Analytics, to include specific terms of the NIL opportunity, but shall not include type of activity, type of contract, sex or gender of student athlete, or other information that does not identify the student athlete directly. Gray Analytics may use permissible information in marketing or other public platforms to promote NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics or Gray Analytics.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. The details of any contractual arrangement with a college, university, NCAA member institution, or third-party representative of any of the aforementioned, such as a law firm, is private information and enjoys all of the privileges and privacy of any legal document. The use of the NIL Monitoring system does not create privity by the user, student athlete, or third party contacted in pursuit of information regarding any NIL activity or opportunity.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyze content, communications, and information that other people provide about a user, student athlete, or prospective student athlete. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment about you or a particular NIL activity or opportunity. This may include additional contact information or social media content relevant to the functions and analysis provided by NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics.
II. How do we use this information?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make) as described herein to provide and support the NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics Products and related Services described in the NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics Terms and Conditions, website, portal, or supplemental information provided to a user. Here’s how:
Provide, personalize, and improve our Products.
We use the information we have to deliver our Services and Products, including to personalize as it is reported to the user’s university.
Promote safety, integrity, and security.
We use the information we have to verify activity, issue reports to universities, conduct verbal, written, or electronic communications with individuals, maintain the integrity of our Products, and promote compliance
III. How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Third Party Contact
To conduct NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics Services, it may be necessary to contact third parties, to include professional services providers, NIL contractors or vendors, and the user’s university in order to gather relevant information about a particular NIL activity or opportunity. Some of this information may be provided or requested by the user. By using the NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics service, the user agrees and consents to such contact, regardless of whether the user provides the information or not.
Content others share or reshare about you
In the event that NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics requires contact with additional parties, to include third parties, the user agrees that all information may be shared with those additional parties in order to gather compliance information about a particular NIL activity or opportunity. Gray Analytics is not liable for the accuracy, legal or otherwise, of such comments, information, observations, remarks, data, or statements. Moreover, by use of the NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics service, user expressly grants all rights and permissions to Gray Analytics to repeat such comments verbally and/or in writing for the purposes set forth herein.
Apps, websites, and third-party integrations on or using our Products.
When you choose to use third-party apps, websites, or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Products, they can receive information about what you post or share. Information collected by these third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, not this one.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or Products or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We may work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Services and Products or who use NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics Services.
We share information about the NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics Services with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners. This includes banks, financial institutions, venture capital groups, or any business or entity seeking to valuate Gray Analytics.
We may provide information and content to research partners to conduct research that advances scholarship and innovation that support the business or mission of Gray Analytics.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests, such as subpoenas.
V. How can I manage or delete information about me?
Once information is provided to Gray Analytics it cannot be deleted. Should a user desire to change an answer or provide/update additional contact information, the user may contact Gray Analytics or resubmit the NIL opportunity through the NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics service.
VI. How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve, and share your information with your university, compliance departments, law firms representing your university, regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent, and address fraud, unauthorized use of our services or products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property, Services, or Products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
Information we receive about you (including contractual or financial transaction data related to a current, previous, or pending NIL opportunity or activity) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
IX. How to contact NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics with questions
You may contact us by phone or by mail at:
ATTN: NIL Monitoring by Gray Analytics
4240 Balmoral Drive, Suite 300
Huntsville, Alabama 35801